CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Here we go again....


Analese is sick.

Again.

She was fine all weekend, just a runny nose. And then Monday morning she woke me up around 3 am because she was thirsty. I could tell she had a fever as soon as I touched her.
She has spent the past 2 days sleeping, and laying on the couch. She still has a fever, and now has a cough as well. I am guessing we'll be calling the doctor tomorrow if her fever hasn't broke by then.

I feel so bad for her. She is miserable, and keeps asking me if she can go to dance class. I have a feeling she'll be missing class again..ugh.

So the cycle begins once again in our household. It is so frustrating! I just do not understand why we seem to pick up every virus out there, especially when we live pretty healthy lives. I really hope this winter will not be as bad as last years, but I have this funny feeling it will....

On the other hand, Mara has been in the BEST mood all day, she is finally feeling better. Her nose is still a faucet, and she still has a cough, but she is improving. She was so silly today, trying to make her big sister laugh. When Analese was lying in bed, Mara brought her back her water and a bunch of toys and laid them around on the bed. So sweet.

And the great news? Mara has been sleeping until 5-6 am for the past 3 nights! I have been almost too scared to mention it, because you know what happens when you do... Oh course, Analese has been waking me up around 3, so I haven't been able to enjoy any extra sleep just yet. I told Greg it was a conspiracy-the girls are trying to see how many years I can go on just 4 hours of sleep at a time.

Oh, and it was 91 degrees outside today! The end of September and it's 91 degrees outside. Where is our Fall weather?
There just isn't enough evidence to suggest that global warming is happening? Anyone who believes that really needs to just look outside.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Julie, love your blog, it's great to hear about the girls (and you of course) on a daily basis! Sorry that Analese is sick again, I feel your pain. We seem to go through the same thing with David and Michael, but if it makes you feel better, Adam seems to have built up enough immunity now that he's hardly ever sick (of course, now that I say that he'll wake up tomorrow sick as a dog!). Hugs to the girls and you from us!

Julie B said...

LISA!!! I am so glad to hear from you! I am still waiting for an update on your blog :) Did you delete it?
So there is hope that the girls won't ALWAYS be sick? Yeah! I know you are one who completely understands just how frustrating this is!
Please keep in touch-I miss chatting with you, and want to hear some updates on how you all are doing up there! How are you adjusting to the move?

Lisa said...

I actually updated my blog yesterday (you inspired me!). Not much to report here, we just got a new hot tub so we're pretty excited about that. I'm still feeling like I don't have a ton of time for myself, between work and the kids, but I'm sure most mothers feel that way. David is either teething or he's coming down with something again, he's been waking up throughout the night for the last couple of days. It's killing me since I have to go to work all day, you'd think I'd be used to surviving on so little sleep by now! I'll have to send you an email, I'll do it this weekend, I promise! Miss you!

Staci Taylor said...

Ugh, i'm so sorry the sickies keep finding you :-( Poor analese looks so sad in that picture. SO sweet about mara trying to make A feel better - gotta love those moments. I really hope everyone is feeling better (and selfishly, that we get to see you tomorrow!
:-) Oh, and I hear you on the sleep thing - the kids ALWAYS manage to tag team us - when one is finally sleeping well, the other has to make up for it!!