CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Art of Potty Talk

(This is what I overheard Analese singing to herself yesterday in her room)

"
Down on Grandpa's farm there was a GREAT BROWN POOP"
"Down on Grandpa's farm there was a GREAT BROWN POOP" (giggling to herself)
"The POOP, he makes a sound like this.....BBBSSSSSTTT BBBBSSSSSSSST"
"The POOP, he makes a sound like this.....BBBSSSSSTTT BBBBSSSSSSSST"
"OH, we're on our way, we're on our way, on our way to Grandpa's Farm......."


Why is it that poop has suddenly become such a funny word? Everything is poop, poop, poop. This, from the child who now corrects me when I say the word potty. "It's the bathroom Mom".

Last night at dinner, Analese looked at me funny so I asked her if I had something on my face. She nods her head, and I said "What is it?"

"POOP!" she screams, laughing at how funny she is.

Sigh, I have a feeling this is only the beginning....


6 comments:

Chris said...

Yes, it is...unfortunatly. It goes on for years, also. Hate to break the news to you. :) It starts out as poop, then progresses to diahrea, then the gas issue (not talking about it, actually DOING it)! That's where we are now--and that's, in my opinion, the worst stage of it all. PeeUuu!

Anonymous said...

Believe me it is! You have just entered the poop stage which will progress to the butt stage-you have some fun years ahead!

Peace is every step said...

Ah, the fun begins. Every sentence contains at least one "poopy butt" or "butt holio" around here. I decided to join the party instead of fighting against it. It's great to feel like a stand up comedian sometimes....just utter one or two "poops" and there is hysterical laughter.

Mom Tu-Tu said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I wanted to say that I love the photo you have at the top!

Julie B said...

thanks! It also makes me smile every time I see it :)

Staci Taylor said...

Hheheha! Yeah, totally hysterical that we both had posted about poop on our blogs pretty much at the same time! Apparantly our children are at similar stages of life... Love A's song :-)