CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Spooooky Ghosts



It has been a rough week for Analese and I.

I am not sure what is going on with my sweet girl, but she seems to be going through this emotional turmoil that causes her moods to go back and forth like a ping pong ball-and its been hard to keep up!

Her sleep has been affected as well. Yesterday we had a play date to go to at 9:30. We were going to make some chicken soup while the kids played-lots of fun! Well, Analese ended up sleeping in until 9:30, and I decided to leave it up to her as to whether or not we go. I told her it was "Analese's Day" and it was up to her to make our plans.

She loved the idea, and decided we were going to go to the park, go for a walk, and make a spoooky ghost. I said yes to every suggestion she had, knowing realistically we really wouldn't do them all.

Soon we just settled on the ghost....a "spooooky ghost", as Analese would correct me if I didn't say it right.

We made our ghost, wait- our spoooky ghost outside, as it was 82 degrees outside! The girls were completely overdressed, but Mara has a hard time taking off her clothes once they are on. So much for layering :)

We made a ghost family: Mama, big sister, baby and other baby. Daddy ghost must have been off at work today!

Once our ghosts were complete, they needed to fly! The girls spent close to an hour just running around the yard with their ghost trailing behind them. Analese was beaming, and that made my day.

Afterwards, our spooooky ghosts got a new home in our tree out front (in order to scare Daddy when he came home!)

I wish I could say that there were no tears, tantrums or angry faces on "Analese's Day", but I cannot. I can, however, say that not one tear was shed during the making of our ghost family.

I consider that a success!

3 comments:

Kaylyn said...

so I don't know if my other post went through....
Thanks for sharing Analese's day with us! It reminds me of all the fun holiday traditions my family has and will have with Aven! So fun!

Peace is every step said...

I'm jealous of your sun. It has been raining nonstop for two weeks without ONE sunny day. Our yard would not allow running around with ghosts...more like swimming with them! It's great to give them a "yes!" day;)

Lorrie said...

She is such a sweet little girl-fiery spirit and all (: I am glad you had some fun with no tears for a little while anyway!