CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Simple Pleasures

The breakfast dishes are piled up in the sink.

No matter, we are on a hunt! We bundle up with sweaters, hats, jackets and head outside. Both girls are excited, because Mama is excited (such an awesome power, isn't it? To have the ability to set the mood for two little girls?)

Clutching their bags, they begin studying the ground. Looking, looking.

Looking for the perfect one.

The wind suddenly whips the leaves up all around us. Analese lets out a whimper, as Mara laughs hysterically.

Truly opposites in every way.

We run around the yard, trying to keep warm. Shouts of "Look at this one!" fill the air. I share in their joy, in their excitement.

Once our bags were full, we head inside. We have work to do.

Two bottles of glue, and one package of googly eyes later..

What was once a seemingly simple leaf has now been transformed into.........



LEAF CREATURES!!!!!














Aren't they delightful?

I hope your day is going just as well!

6 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Oh, I'm going to have to try this with my daughter!

Peace is every step said...

Love it! Thanks for the tip--Shawn's got an activity to do tomorrow:).

My Lifesong said...

I have plenty of leaves for anyone who needs them..hee,hee. Love their creations.

Lorrie said...

So cute and fun!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

what a lovely, poetic post! and a great idea!

have you seen Lois Ehlert's book "Leaf Man"? BJ loves it right now, and it's a perfect autumn read. Your leaf creatures remind me of it!

Julie B said...

Jen-no, I haven't but I will definitely check it out. Thanks!